Monday, November 2, 2009

Post-Halloween Depression

*Sniffle sniffle* One of my favorite holidays come and gone. :( This year's Halloween was a great one, though.
As soon as October came around, I had already started planning for F.L.O.C.K.'s annual Halloween party. Ben came up with what we were going to do during the party, and I was in charge of decoration (because when you're the only girl in a youth group full of guys, you get privileges like that, plus, Ben had a lot on his plate anyway, so if there was anything that I could do to be a helping hand to him I was all for it) which was so very fun. I'm sure the people at Party City were getting quite used to my presence in the store all the time.
Finally I got everything I needed and by the time the day before the party came around, I was all set! The party itself was fantastical, even with only four people there (I had invited my friend Josh Schweitzer to come) we had a great time. Even Anthony said that my decorations were much more than he expected. :D Our night was full of great food that the moms had made for us and a card game and later, pumpkin carving! The pumpkin carving was really fun because Anthony and Josh were complaining about EVERYTHING!! Well, not everything, but it sure seemed like it. Anthony was going on and on about how disgusting the insides of a pumpkin was and Josh was frustrated because his knife wasn't doing what he wanted it to, (after he finished carving it, he said it looked retarded...we all agreed that it did) so instead, he was sticking his nose into the hole in the top of the pumpkin and smelling it! He was saying how gross it was, but he kept on, lol. I even have a picture of him doing so...of course, in that same picture I was pretending to lick the cut-out top of my pumpkin. Heehee. All in all, it was hilarious fun.
The next thing we did was really spectacular. Ben had spent two days making a maze for us in the auditorium. A MAZE!!! It was really good too. I'm pretty sure he used every table, chair, plant, blanket and pillow case that he could find, haha! We had SO MUCH FUN in it!!! There are videos of it on Facebook, so for those who can, go check it out, because I cannot properly describe the pure amazingness of Ben's genius with words. :D
the rest of the night consisted of taking funny pictures of Ben and Josh playing guitar with brooms and Anthony throwing stuffed animals at me and putting hats and crowns on our pumpkins. Such a good night with such amazing friends.

The next day, however, was not that great for me.
After Anthony's soccer game, Ben and I went to the church to start cleaning up the mess from the night before. I was in room 10 (where the actual party was held) and Ben was in the auditorium working on cleaning up the maze. When I got into the room, I had noticed that the wallpaper I had put up (it was called a scene setter, and it looked like a stone wall) was coming down already. So I went over and started taking it down and once I got a pretty big armful, I turned around to take it to the lobby (I'm not sure why I was taking it there). As I neared the door, some of the wallpaper slipped out of my arms and somehow got caught under my feet and I slide forward and hit my head on the edge of the door, and if that wasn't enough, I turned my head to the side, mid-fall, and hit the side of my cheekbone. It hurt really bad, and by the time Ben rushed in, I was bawling my eyes out. I cried for a good, long while before he could get me to chill out and let him see my face. So, anyway, after that mess, I really didn't do too much cleaning up because I had this terrible headache. So Ben went to his house and made me some macaroni and cheese and got me a mountain dew (because that usually eases the pain from a headache for me) and then we looked through pictures from the night before. Isn't he a sweetie? :P

So, once I felt a little better, he took me home so that I could start getting ready for the trick-or-treaters to come around. I dressed up in dark clothes and drew scars on my face to match the already purple bruises on the right side of my face before I went out. I didn't stop to think that people really can't see you too well in the dark when you're wearing dark clothing. Especially when your next door neighbors have all these awesome halloween decorations and are attracting the kids with them, all the while, the children are skipping over your house. :-( So I went inside and put my Roman empress costume on (which has a little more color than just plain black, haha), and put candles in my pumpkin. This seemed to help, but even so, I still didn't have the decorations to excite the little kids, so a lot of them were still skipping my house. Finally I got tired of these children not seeing the worth in all of the candy that I had to offer (and, boy, I had a LOT of candy) so I grabbed my computer and Ben's speakers (Bless him for leaving them at my house) got the extension cord and went back outside. As soon as I clicked on Apocalyptica and the speakers started blasting Hall of the Mountain King, all these little heads turned my way and not long after that, little feet were scurrying over to get their share of candy from me. :D That really made my night turn out to be really fantastic

Earlier that day, I had asked Ben if he wanted to carry the spirit of Halloween throughout the rest of the weekend and he said sure, so you can imagine the surprise of everyone at church when in walks a Roman Empress and a Colonial Man for praise team. :P
That night at youth group, Ben, Anthony and I all watched Amazing Grace. Actually, we had started watching it in sunday school in the morning, so I should say that we finished watching it that night. I'd never seen that movie before, so it really impacted me good. :P I really enjoyed it a whole lot and learned quite a few things from it. Plus it was cool to watch a movie with some of my closest friends. :)

So that was my weekend, in all its crazy glory. I'm sitting here marveling at the fact that I survived it all. I'm looking forward to chilling out at the end of today and reading a good book with my yummy friend Earl Grey tea on my little night table. Oh yes, that sounds wonderfully wonderful in a huge way. :)

Hope y'all enjoyed my long tale! I know I enjoyed writing it.
~Kailee Ann~

No comments:

Post a Comment